Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs


Can anyone believe 2009 is ALMOST here? Seems like just last week the summer-sun was shining. With every new year, like many, I try to make a list of goals and tasks I would like to accomplish for that year.
THEME
This week I want to set our minds on setting some goals for next year, whether personal, for the whole family, or for school.
Wow what a question!!! I have goals it's just getting them all together. So maybe NUMBER 1 is ORGANIZE!!!!!
2. Find a math my son likes and don't confuse him anymore than I already have LOL.
3. Have Skyler learn to read
4. Possibly bring Fox back home to school.
5. Straughten out my pre-teens attitude before she doesn't get to reach her teens!!
6. My personal weight loss goals (any help here bloggers would be great).
7. Make my lesson plans for the year during summer.
8. Find a homeschool planner that I actually like to use.
9. Have more patience
10. Get more discipline with the wild kids.
11. To finally admit to myself that she really is no longer a baby and let go before I do damage.
12. To find some sort of peace with things I can't let go of or change.
13. To have more fun with the children.
14. Maybe quit smoking (pray alot on this one).
15. Study the bible more with my children.
16. To find a new me one I actually get along with.
17. To make more messes with art.
18. To hug them more.
19. To not worry.
20. To be thankful for what is here and know the rest will follow as long as I believe.
Most important though I want to remeber to remind people of how I feel about them all the time. My grandmother passed early this year and in the later year my uncle. All of the pictures I forgot to send, phone calls I forgot to make, cards I was to busy to write all of that will never get done now. I want to make sure people I love know that I love them, how important their life is to me and what it means to have them here for me. I think this is a good start and I cannot wait to read everyone elses!!!!

7 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

Looks like a well thought out and put together list! Many of your goals are the same as mine. I have been working on quitting smoking for a while now (at one point did quit for a year, I think it is the failure of starting again making it the most difficult right now) My plan in that area is to become more connected to Christ, I believe that the more connected I am to Him, the need to smoke will lessen and become easier to accomplish.

Have a blessed new year and enjoy schooling all those babies!

Blessings!

KarenW said...

Have you tried Math U See? I just found this and love it and my kids love it. Took several years, my oldest is a junior. Would have loved to started with this in kindergarten.

Enjoyed your list!

Lisa said...

I share in your weight loss goals. It would be nice to connect that to other bloggers like you mentioned. Good luck with that goal. Have you tried teaching textbooks for your son's math? We switched and most of my kids are really doing well. I have one who always struggles no matter what curriculum but has improved since the switch.
Lisa
www.houseofmanyblessings.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

Excellent List! I'll (hopefully) get mine up soon.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great list! I just posted mine. I have so many goals but hopefully can at least start some great ones this year.

tammy said...

You have a great list and you simply cannot go wrong with "hug them more" and "make more messes with art". :) Seriously, you did put out a well thought out list and I pray that over the year you accomplish what God has placed on your heart.

A family of boys said...

Looks like a good list. (and doable) I'm starting to wish I would have read everyone else's before making mine. They would have given me some good ideas. I have a mathy guy so far so no help there.

I'm just hoping to get more organized this year. No, not just hoping. I am going to be more organized!