Friday, September 17, 2010

This is our set up for workboxes

We have yet to use the workbox system but this is what I have created and I feel it will work for me. I have never read Sue's book just took ideas from other great blogs and the workbox yahoo group. This was made to fit our life style basically and because there is no way I could find spots for 36 boxes at 12 per kid!! The set up is simply each child has a file box with 12 file folders and a basket for the stuff that does not fit. The each have an assignment folder with assignment cards that I got from some notebooking site years ago! The cards are laminated and I will write their work on them each day. I plan on making some fun cards and such when I have the time and the ink that I seem to run out of constantly. The colored canvas bags you see are that childs supplies for Artistic Pursuits and they happen to fit there nicely so that is there spot. The pictures on the front of their boxes are their check in check out cards as well so they know when they are working and when they are done. Feel free to click on the pic link for further pictures with details.









2 comments:

Jill Stanish said...

I like the photos on each student's file box--neat idea and makes it easy to identify them!

Norah said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.